Thursday, April 14, 2011

It goes on and on.

Tears, tears. They fall to the floor. Everyone sits in silence, actual words count for more.
The tiger inside of the cage longs to escape, to take her life back to reshape.
Lock and key, the wounds are too deep. Carefully hidden but forever I will keep.
The few that care, their mouths are shut. If announced, the words would be sharp enough to cut.
To cut the souls that triggered my hurt, they imagine their shoes walk upon me, the dirt.
Racing for the finish line, they want to win. But suddenly karma will kick them in the shin.
Stunting their "brilliance" they will fall behind. Laying there helpless, regret beside them they'll find.
Done for now, the play is now over. Drunk with aggravation, I will never be sober.
I am the innocent sea lion that was just eaten alive, the blood leaking from its chest, from life she did thrive.
They keep on fighting but my muscles are sore, the little sea lion slowly washes up onto the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment