Monday, April 18, 2011

The one who thought was there for you was never going to be.
The one who you laughed excessively with would soon laugh at you.
The one who you told everything to never actually told you anything.
The one who you thought was completely like me turned out to be the exact opposite.
The one you thought appeared to be innocent and kind was hiding her true identity.
The one who thought was being friendly had a different motive.
She was never going to be there for me.
She would soon laugh at me.
She never told me anything.
She turned out to be horrible and cruel.
She turned out to want my boyfriend.
She was never friendly.
She was my best friend. I trusted her. I really did.

The knife was always in your back pocket,
Waiting for its unveiling.
Becoming so close to me,
Suddenly walking out and bailing.
I thought that was all and I dealt with the hurt,
You came back for the kill.
Me blind from the upcoming pain,
You running with a thrill.
Nature has its ways,
For the backstabber to be shocked.
The knife coldly lies there as proof:
Grief stands at your door and knocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment