Tuesday, April 26, 2011

# Review Movie/Book/SONG/Anything

I'm going to review a song. Now, I would love to do it on my favorite song "Blackbird" by the Beatles but everyone knows its about black people's rights and its historical and beautiful and all. But I want to do something a little more sassy and would differ in opinion from person to person.

"PRETTY GIRL ROCK" by Keri Hilson

Such a sssassy song. Let me get started. The music video is great; Keri is so graceful in it. The song has a great melody. It's not one of those songs where the computerized beat is made first, and then after the meaningless, degrading lyrics "yep that shit mhm ladies should suck my dick. mhm. YEAH bitches get money" are put in. There are two point of views thought about the lyrics. The lyrics are a little full of it and boasty. Yes, I get that. "All eyes on my when I walk in. No question that this girl's a 10. Don't hate cause I'm beautiful X2. My walk, my talk, the way I dress. It's not my fault so please don' trip. Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.."
No girl would ever say these obnoxious lines in reality, well at least I hope not. Keri's lyrics do show that girls should be positive and feel great about themselves. And if you do, then why not show it? At least it is unlike the rap songs that make women sound like a piece of meat.


Listen to it. "Pretty Girl Rock" makes girls stop what they are doing, dance in the mirror, practice their facial expressions, laugh, and sing aloud the lyrics "Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful." We know it's ridiculous to say but it certainly does feel nice to say it, since it's in a song us girls will sing it. It's enough for us to participate in a double take at our beauty while looking in the mirror...finally seeing the true, stunning glow that our arms, thighs, eyes, nose, shoulders, lips, feet, neck, and whatever else more there is really do have! I know a lot of girls have self esteem issues and just to get them to say they are beautiful in the first place is a big step to confidence. Plus, when I listen to the constant loop of the melody in my head or if I hear it playing on radio I nod my head in approval and get a boost of perkiness. Maybe even a little surge of wildness, and I smile.


Basically: Girl, you're Pretty, and you better Rock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment